Literary Chocolate

"If I could, I'd bathe in chocolate." ~Dove Dark Chocolate wrapper

My Photo
Name:
Location: Northeast, United States

Thirty-something, happily married with two cats.

Thursday, January 03, 2008

To resolve or not to resolve?

I ponder this every year. Should I make a resolution? I know I'm not going to keep it. For example, last year I resolved to not stress so much. Hmph! I know that I've not kept that one! What a joke! I'm stressing about something right now that has caused me to have nightmares for the past few nights and spend this morning crying.

And it's not just about being embarrassed if others know I have not kept my resolution. I think it's personally shaming even if I'm the only one who knows I have broke my resolution. Its a sense of defeat and failure. I have to think - why bother?

I've had many resolutions in the past. . .
2004 - Get published. (Ha! Unfulfilled.)
2005 - Stop eating so much chocolate. (I eat more now than ever!)
2006 - Exercise more. (Right!)
2007 - Stop stressing so much. (Never skipped a beat in my ever increasing panic attacks.)
2008 - drumroll . . . . . . . . be more organized in all areas of living.

I think specifically of our basement. What a task! We stayed home New Years Eve just to get a jump on it. It actually looks worse now that we've moved a few things around. It's been an albatross in our lives since our third year of marriage. We just accumulated things - magazines that we (my husband) can't throw away, bird houses that the squirrels chewed up, old high school trophies that our parents finally decided they needed to get rid of, a myriad of Christmas ornaments and wedding favors all collected over eight years of marriage. It's driving me out of my mind!

So, that's it. We'll see, with all the changes the new year will bring, if I can keep '08's resolution.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home