Literary Chocolate

"If I could, I'd bathe in chocolate." ~Dove Dark Chocolate wrapper

My Photo
Name:
Location: Northeast, United States

Thirty-something, happily married with two cats.

Thursday, December 06, 2007

Birthday

My birthday was this week. Wednesday, Dec. 5th, to be exact. I'm now 33. I have this thing about birthdays. I'm always grumpy on my birthday, a little tense. Worried something bad will happen, that my day won't proceed in a perfect fashion. I've been like this since I was . . . well, since I was one! There's too much pressure!! It's my special day!!! What if it's not "special?"

When we were kids, I would get upset if my brother got more presents than me. (We shared a birthday week.) It didn't matter if my one gift cost ten times his five. I would throw a fit and pout in a corner.

When I got older, the fits just manifested themselves in different ways. I have a best friend - Ashley. She always calls me on my birthday. Has done this since we were 14. I think it was my 16th birthday when she called to say "Happy Birthday!!" I said, "Happy Birthday to you, too - I mean. . uhhhh." I was upset at myself for the rest of the day because I had stupidly said "Happy Birthday" back. And with that, my special day was ruined.

So, when I say that I'm just happy I didn't get a parking ticket or crash my car on my birthday, you'll understand why.

3 Comments:

Blogger Moana Song said...

happy birthday to you, and i may understand why you feel happy in the last sentece.
from a blogger who has same interest in sign language..

hav your own sprit growing, no bother by physical aging,, you're still beautiful how you can chage seeing the world

10:36 AM  
Blogger Moana Song said...

oops..wrong spelling..
"not chage->change :P

10:38 AM  
Blogger Samantha said...

Thanks for your comment. :)

1:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home