Literary Chocolate

"If I could, I'd bathe in chocolate." ~Dove Dark Chocolate wrapper

My Photo
Name:
Location: Northeast, United States

Thirty-something, happily married with two cats.

Saturday, November 24, 2007

Falling out

I want to shave my head and get it over with! I don't know what's going on, but all I know is that I've stopped following my every other day hair washing routine because handfuls upon handfuls of my hair have been filling my shower drain for the past month. I'm afraid to wash my hair anymore. It's coming out in gobbs! I'm freaking out!

In an effort to maintain a few strands of hair I went to my local GNC and bought biotin shampoo and biotin vitamins, both of which have helped none! Now, strangely my hair loss is barely visible, but I know it and it bothers me.

I'm guessing my hair loss is due to either a hormonal change, a change of seasons (which seems unlikely since I've experienced fall before) or a delayed reaction to the illness I had from August to September in which I ate only peanut butter and pita bread while in Egypt.

I'm calling my doctor for blood tests on Monday. Any other suggestions?

2 Comments:

Blogger Jammie J. said...

Two years ago, I went through something like this. Went to my dermatologist, because mine was accompanied by a severely red, burning scalp. He told me to start using baby shampoo (Johnson's) and prescribed a topical steroidal foam. The foam was really $$$$, so I found scalpicin at the local drug store.

Both of those stopped the hair loss... I dunno, but I've had a lot of hormonal trouble too.

10:59 PM  
Blogger Samantha said...

Thank you, Jeanette, for your sharing your experience. I may just try that. I don't know what else to do. I'm avoiding calling the doctor. . .we'll see.

6:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home