Literary Chocolate

"If I could, I'd bathe in chocolate." ~Dove Dark Chocolate wrapper

My Photo
Name:
Location: Northeast, United States

Thirty-something, happily married with two cats.

Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Nothing

Well, I've had no time to write lately. So, in lieu of having no time to say something interesting, I'm going to say nothing in particular.

It's 11:30 - about an hour and a half passed my bedtime. I just got back from a friend's house where we enjoyed brie, cheap wine and rich dark chocolate while watching Ten Things I Hate About You. Needless to say, my eyes are quite tired, but I'm unable to sleep due to the caffeine. I'm thinking about heating up some milk and heading to bed.

Life is busy and it seems as if the leaves are going to change color early. I like that. Crisp mornings curl into breezy afternoons where leaves swirl on college sidewalks. I hear that by this weekend it will be in the low 60's for a high. I'm lovin' it!

The most exciting thing that has happened to me lately is that I have received my new cell phone. It's a complicated gadget that grabs my interest for an hour here or there, making me almost late to class as I punch in a cell phone number, thumb in a date on my calendar or take a picture of a squirrel munching on a nut. My husband has the same phone (Treo 700) so he's been teaching me the ropes. I'm terribly intrigued with this small but thick piece of metal and plastic.

And despite my inability to correctly sign the word Ruwanda - still not sure if I'm spelling that right - and the fact that I can not effectively hear and keep up with the African-French heavily accented professor who speaks so fast I swear it is a different language, I am still ordering my business cards that clearly spell out my profession SIGN LANGUAGE INTERPRETER. This makes me giddy.

And that is my life as of now. I'm ready to stumble to bed, but not before I get a tall glass of milk. . . and perhaps read a bit of the latest book I have happened upon - Dead Wife Walking. Don't worry - I didn't buy it. One of the professors I interpret for has written and published this thin book of angst, and I couldn't resist the urge to ask her for a signed copy which she happily gave me. Weird bit of literature.

2 Comments:

Blogger soralis said...

Yey a new phone... I am technology freak, enjoy!

Take care

2:39 PM  
Blogger Michele Burley said...

I had not read your posts in a while (busy summer) but I want you to know that I am really happy you've started writing again! You do a great job!

5:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home