Literary Chocolate

"If I could, I'd bathe in chocolate." ~Dove Dark Chocolate wrapper

My Photo
Name:
Location: Northeast, United States

Thirty-something, happily married with two cats.

Thursday, August 10, 2006

Writer's Meetup

Well, how disappointing! I had planned on going to a very intellectually stimulating conversation combined with some critique of my writing. I did the homework assignment (describe a tree), which apparently no one really does. I had quickly and frantically (because I was running late) printed out eight copies of my work for the eight people that had RSVP'd to this function. Yet, I show up to find no one who seems to be apart of our group except perhaps for one guy that is creepily staring at me from a corner table. Eventually he makes his way up to me and asks, "Are you part of the writer's group?" I, of couse, say that I am and we hang out until one other girl shows up. The three of us sit there complaining about the lack of show and they fill me in on the sparse degree of talent and commitment of the group. I'm disappointed. I had skipped dinner and ventured out into this lonely world I call NJ, surroundings I am totally not feeling one with yet. I'm telling you, these roads are messed up!! Anyway, we sat around for about 15 mintues and then decided to go our separate ways. Obviously no one was showing up. So, my excitment for a little literary encouragment has fallen flat. Oh well - guess I'll have to find my "push" somewhere else.

3 Comments:

Blogger soralis said...

I am so very sorry that the meeting didn't work out for you, how dissapointing.

Take care

7:04 AM  
Blogger soralis said...

p.s. are you going to share with us what you wrote? I would love to read it!

7:04 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Why don't you start one of your own? Put out flyers and such? I belong to one and find it invaluable, but it is tricky getting the right size and compatiblity of people.

5:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home