Literary Chocolate

"If I could, I'd bathe in chocolate." ~Dove Dark Chocolate wrapper

My Photo
Name:
Location: Northeast, United States

Thirty-something, happily married with two cats.

Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Writers workshops and the like

Well, the adjustment has been good but slow in our new little corner of the universe. I really like it here. We are close to Manhattan, I don't have a job yet and well. . . I'm dying to go into the city. But, I'm also scared to death! That's quite a haul! I got lost yesterday coming home from an interview (20 minutes away) that didn't happen - interviewer called out sick. Have to reschedule. So, anyway, the thought of getting to Manhattan scares me just a bit.

My husband just informed me that he'll be out of town a lot next week, and I thought how great would it be if I could find something stimulating to go to like a book signing or a writers' workshop or a poetry reading?! Does anyone out there know of anything like that in the Manhattan area or how I could find out about them?

I just set up my little desk off of the family room. So cute. Rustic. I love it! I've decided whether I write for myself -or- write for myself and make money at it, it doesn't matter - as long as I'm writing! It's just a creative outlet for me and that's quite needed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home